As our attention spans are declining, marketers today have very little time to get consumers to engage with their content. Video is a smart way to get your message across to your audiences within a short time. A whopping 6 million hours of video are watched every month on YouTube alone.
Video has become a crucial component of B2B marketing and new findings from the 2015 B2B Video Content Marketing Survey by Web Video Marketing Council, ReelSEO and Flimp Media reveal that 96% of B2B companies surveyed are engaged in video content marketing and 73% claimed video has positively impacted their marketing results and ROI.
The survey was carried out in Q3 2015 on 350 professionals involved actively in video marketing or in decision-making process related to video marketing. The survey sheds light on various aspects of video marketing such as how many B2B companies are using video for content marketing, in which manner, what are their satisfaction levels with video marketing ROI and what are the challenges they are facing for creation and marketing of video content.
Who were surveyed?
Of the 350 professionals surveyed,
- 70% of those surveyed worked for B2B companies
- 20% worked for B2B marketing agencies
- 10% for educational and non-profit organizations
- 65% of respondents work in a managerial capacity
- 94% are involved in the decision-making process in their organization
- 96% of the B2B companies surveyed are engaged in video content marketing
- 73% of them confirmed that video has impacted their marketing results positively
- 41% plan to increase their video marketing spend
- 75% of the B2B companies are optimizing their video content for SEO
- 83% of the respondents are using video content for website marketing
- 50% are using video content for email marketing
The survey indicates that a majority of B2B organizations are already incorporating video in their content marketing strategies. This is not surprising because 73% have claimed that video has positively impacted their ROI while only 12% of them said video had little or no impact on their marketing results.
Using video content for online marketing since when?
- 63% of the respondents said video has been a component of their content marketing strategy for the past 5 years
- 33% stated they have been using video since the last about 2 years only and
- 2% of them said they are not using video
Barriers faced by B2B companies in using video for marketing purposes
- 44% of the respondents claimed that the biggest challenge was measuring the ROI
- 37% stated the lack of in-house video marketing talent as the barrier
- 17% claimed it was the lack of creative ideas for video
Purpose/s for using video marketing
Organizations are using video for several purposes, notable among them is brand enhancement followed by promotion of product and services.
The following table gives the exact picture:
- 80% – to increase brand awareness and engagement
- 65% – to promote products and services
- 61% – to increase website traffic and SEO
- 57% – for generation of new sales leads
- 55% – as sales collateral to educate prospects
- 50% – for website and landing page conversion
As we see, video works. Video has now become an integral part of content marketing for businesses, and as consumers increasingly move towards mobile, this is another platform where video is gaining a strong foothold. Its no surprise that 56% of the B2B companies are planning to produce more than 10 videos this year of which 8% are aiming for 51-100 videos and 10% for 101+.
The next few years will see video gaining more prominence in marketing campaigns. Are you using video in your business’s marketing strategy already? Feel free to contact us to work out a strategy on how to make and use video in your content marketing campaign to promote consumer engagement and interaction resulting in increased leads, sales and ROI.